Ever wonder how the best team in the world uses weather data to their advantage? Grischa Niermann, coach at Team Visma | Lease A Bike, shares insights on the team strategy from stage 9 at the 2023 Vuelta:
“Thanks to Epic Ride Weather we knew there would be a lot of wind and we‘d have a lot of exposed roads in the beginning of the stage. So we decided to go ourselves and split the peloton after a few kilometers of racing, because looking after 3 leaders in a crosswind race is a very difficult task.
Team Jumbo-Visma at the 2023 Vuelta
Although the peloton came back together when we hit the mountains 50km into the stage, creating the echelon ourselves was the best option because if one of Sepp, Jonas or Primoz would have been caught behind by a move from another team, everybody would have worked together to try to make us lose.“
– Grischa Niermann, Coach, Team Visma | Lease a Bike
In 2024 Team Jumbo-Visma is now named Team Visma | Lease a Bike. I’m proud to say that Epic Ride Weather continues to be an official supplier in 2024.
- Inside the Vuelta from Team Visma | Lease a Bike
- 2023 Year In Review
- Now in 12 Languages!
- Official Supplier to Team Visma | Lease a Bike
- How Jumbo-Visma Uses Tech and Put Wout in Yellow at the Tour De France
- Dark Sky 2023 Availability Update
- How Jumbo Visma Put Vos Into Yellow at the Tour De France Femmes
- Bike Commuter Weather Forecasts
- VeloNews: One of the handiest cycling apps just got better
- All Articles
subscribe via RSS