Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information, none of which is personally identifying. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Log data. When you use Epic Ride Weather, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, details of the requested resource, the date and time of your request. Log data is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Epic Ride Weather on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location. Requests for forecasts using Epic Ride Weather include latitude/longitude coordinates using locations that you provide as a route.
- Usage information. Epic Ride Weather collects usage information that includes which application pages that you interact with and which related services that you use with within Epic Ride Weather.
- Account identifier. Epic Ride Weather associates each user with a unique identifier, and receives this indentifier when you use the Epic Ride Weather app.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Epic Ride Weather service. We use the information that you provide to authenticate you and deliver forecast content to you. We use the account identifier to keep track of how many forecasts have been issued for your account, and to add to your account balance when you make a purchase.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to an Epic Ride Weather user.
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
When you use Epic Ride Weather you have control over how much information we collect.
- Usage information. Non-essential usage information that is collected to understand and improve Epic Ride Weather can be disabled or enabled from the Epic Ride Weather settings.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Epic Ride Weather after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Contacting Epic Ride Weather