Posts, articles and videos:
- January 17, 2018: Unterlenker Strava Apps - Für Rückenwind! (German)
- January 3, 2018: Chris Bennett Epic Ride Weather: The One App All Endurance Cyclists Need
- July 6, 2017: Velohome podcast #173 - “…endlich mal ein hübsches Gesicht” Velosnakk (German) #54, starting at 6:15
- June 21, 2017: RESET Tyres Pumped, Phone Charged? Our Top 10 Cycling Apps
- April 21, 2017: Macs Adventure 5 Tips for Cycling in the Rain
- March 27, 2017: MapMyRun We Tried It: Epic Ride Weather App
- February 8, 2017: To Be Determined Epic Ride Weather App Review
- January 23, 2017: Ride With GPS Epic Ride Weather App
- January 19, 2017: Ride Far Ultra-distance Cycling Advice: Adjusting Your Schedule
- January 11, 2017: CyclingTips January Product Picks
- December 30, 2016: Rolling Rook Studio Great Apps for 2017 also on LinkedIn
- November 23, 2016: i live 2 bike Christmas Gift Ideas Under $50
- November 11, 2016: i live 2 bike Epic Ride Weather App for iOS and Android
- October 25, 2016, GCN Show Ep. 198
Just back today from a week in Corsica with 6 days of what might be called epic riding. Used the app every day and mentioned it to the Marmot Tours guide who told everyone else on the holiday - you might owe me some commission if they all sign up. Anyway, the forecasts were pretty accurate which is impressive given the vast variety of terrains and climates that exist within Corsica.
I was amazed at how accurate and complete Epic Ride Weather was during our bike ride in Spain. I became the weather man for our bike riding friends.
Greetings from France. Used Epic Ride yesterday for a dicey day of potential rain and thunder/lightning - worked like a charm. Loved it. I especially liked the wind vectors!!! Kudos to a sweet app. Regards, Bart
Reviews from the app store:
Absolutely Fantastic Great app and the developer is extremely helpful and responsive!
Nothing available with this accuracy or attention to detail. Great app for planning my winter rides.
Fantastic app. I love it. This app is awesome. No more flicking between locations on other weather apps to get an idea of what the conditions will be. With this, I connect it to my Strava account, choose a ride or route and set what time and date I’ll be doing it, and there’s all the information I need in one place. Amazingly useful.
This app saves me time when checking the weather for my club spin every week. It certainly beats looking at various weather sites and calculating weather condition by the hour in your head. The developer is also extremely fast at replying to any emails if you happen to have any issues.
Great app for discovering the weather on different parts of your ride. This is particular useful in areas like the pacific north west where rain is common, but not always raining in areas nearby where you may be riding. The forecasts have always been accurate and helped me decide whether I should be bringing more clothing or not. The wind direction indicators on the maps are also really useful for planning a ride: how much head wind you want (or probably not).
Great idea and a must have for anyone who rides
A well designed and easy to use app with a well designed help section to walk you thru on how to use and understand its features. A must have for anyone who rides and wants to make sure they are prepared and dressed for the weather out there.
Everything you wish Strava had. Wind direction is especially helpful.
Great idea! Does what it says! Easy to use and nice visualization -> well done guys
Awesome app for strava Amazing!
One awesome and accurate app
I have used this app to schedule and plan my rides for several weeks now and can say it’s accuracy is stellar. The wind prediction has been dead on for every ride I have made. Temps, precipitation and overall weather conditions have been predicted with surprising accuracy. Thanks for such great riding tool.
Don’t leave home without looking first
When you look at the weather on TV, a weather app, whatever, you see the weather for THAT city. That’s fine, but what if you are biking across multiple cities and multiple terrains? Than you have to look up the weather for each of them. And wind can often change direction during a ride. Epic Ride Weather solves all of these problems by updating the weather based on the time across a ride and across the distance covered. I’ve actually been able to figure out my start time based on having a tail wind going and a tail wind coming home. This is a no-brainer if you ride a lot or a little.